They say the game of golf mirrors the game of life, don’t we all agree, many if not most of the lessons you learn while playing golf are lessons than can be applied to just about anything! Here are 5 we thought were the most important!
1. Luck doesn’t exist. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. Prepare yourself to be the best, and then the opportunity will arise. It doesn’t work the other way around.
2. SLOW DOWN. Rediscover your joy. When you feel a deep sense of relaxation throughout your whole body, you’re reminded of why you love what you’re doing, an unlimited abundance of great shots lie ahead.
3. You control what you think. Don’t get stuck in your head. In the event of a bad shot, you can say things like: “Interesting… It’s unlike me to shoot that way.” By not reacting to any “failure,” you’ll keep your center in check and avoid sabotaging the shots you have ahead.
4. Let go. There is always another shot waiting for you. Your score is directly related to your ability to forget past bad shots and let them go.
5. Talent is a myth. Be consistent. Being consistent with your actions is how you maintain the endurance and the strength to carry yourself where you’re going. Consistency will always reap benefits. Sure, talent can help. But it is not enough. Practice makes you a master. At everything.