Here are a few rules to keep in mind for those who are new to golf or are playing just for fun and will help make your experience that more awesome!
1.It’s okay to play from the shortest tees or start at the 150-yard marker.
2. It’s okay to not keep score.
3. It’s okay to tee the ball up anywhere when you are first learning.
4. It’s okay to give yourself a better lie by rolling the ball around a little.
5.It’s okay to throw the ball out of a bunker after one try.
6. It’s okay to get enthusiastic! (High fives, fist pumps and big smiles are encouraged)
7. It’s okay to forget about a ball that may be lost or out of bounds. It’s okay to drop a ball where you think it might be…or where you wanted it to be.
8. It’s okay to play a scramble with your group — scrambles are very popular.
9. It’s okay to just chip and putt on a hole when you feel like it.
10. It’s okay to laugh. There are no penalties for excessive laughing or high fives on the golf course.
11.It’s okay to count swings only when you make contact with the ball.
12. It’s okay to play less than 9 or 18 holes and call it a round of golf.
13. It’s okay to move your ball away from trees, rocks or very hilly lies.
14. It’s okay to hit the same club for the entire round, while using a putter on the putting green.
15. It’s okay to play golf in your sneakers. Be comfortable!
16. It’s okay to skip a hole if you need to take a break.
17. It’s okay to talk on the golf course — enjoy a nice conversation or tell a few jokes.
18.It’s okay to pick up in the middle of the hole and enjoy the outdoors and scenery .
19.It’s okay to bring your kids to the course whether they are 5 or 35 .
20. It’s okay to PLAY GOLF JUST FOR FUN! Play the tees that make you the happiest.