Creating the Perfect Divot
Golf Digest’s Megan Padua recently posted a no-fear instructional guide for creating the perfect divot. According to Padua, the first secret in golf is to make the club hit the ground. When done correctly, it won’t hurt your body and it is within the means of golf course etiquette to take a little bit of turf when you hit your ball.
- Place two alignment rods on the ground to create a track to swing your club through.
- Using a short iron, swing the club back and through the tracks without hitting the rods. If you see blades of grass flying up in the air you’re doing the drill correctly.
- The goal is to give the grass a quality hair cut, not a buzz cut, just take a little off of the top and you’ll be in business.
- The rule of thumb here is, if you don’t hit the grass you wont make solid contact with your golf ball.
- Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-digest-woman/blogs/golf-digest-woman#ixzz2LNRj8rb1
Did this tip help? Share with us how your experience was!