Summer vacation is now a memory and the usual fall routine is under way.
For some fall could mean starting a new school year, practicing with a new golf team or training for your career’s biggest championship yet. Fall could mean that the planning for holiday parties begins, charity tournaments are underway and stricter tee times are scheduled. No matter what stage in life you are in, fall is the time of year when the vacationing ends and the busy routines begin. But just because life gets busier does not mean that you need to neglect your health (i.e. skip breakfast!).
So, to help simplify your life we provided you with an easy, yet healthy, breakfast recipe! You only have to make this recipe once, I recommend on Sunday night, and you can enjoy them every morning with your morning coffee!
Healthy Morning Muffins
- Prep Time10 minutes
- Total Time35 minutes
- YieldMakes 12
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt until there are no lumps. Stir in oats and raisins. Add oil, egg, milk, carrots, and banana and stir until blended.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes. Serve muffins warm or at room temperature
- Enjoy every morning!